Payment and Shipping
Congratulations on your winning bids and thank you for your participation in our auction. We truly appreciate your business. Please find information regarding payment and shipment below. All items must be paid for before they can be released for shipment or pick-up.How to Ship your items
- Payment is accepted by bank wire transfer, cash, check, money order, and credit card (Amex/Visa/MC).
- All payments must be made in US Dollars.
- Please pay only the total amount due shown on this invoice, including sales tax if applicable. Payment for shipment should be made directly to the shipper of your choice, and should not delay payment for the auction invoice.
- Payment must be received within seven days of the auction date.
To pay by bank wire transfer:
Please contact us for account information.
To pay by check or money order:
Please make payable to Nye & Company Auctioneers and send to:
Nye & Company Auctioneers, 20 Beach Street, Bloomfield, New Jersey 07003.
To pay by credit card:
- Please call us at +1 (973) 984-6900 to pay by Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- For payments by credit card, the maximum invoice amount on which payments are accepted is $5,000, and a 3% surcharge to the entire purchase price, including buyer’s premium and any other charges, is added to the invoice.
- Please note: Payment for Jewelry and Precious Metals will not be accepted using a credit card. You must pay by wire, cash or bank check.
- We reserve the right to require payment by methods other than credit card for any reason.
To pay in person:
You can pay in person at our offices with cash, certified funds, or credit card, and pick up on the same day. Please note, that unless you have made prior arrangements, personal and business checks must clear before property is released.
Taxes and Duties
- We are required to collect New Jersey State Sales Tax of 6.625% on the total purchase price including buyer’s premium for any purchases picked up or delivered in New Jersey, or appropriate sales tax if delivered to another state where the Wayfair Tax nexus has been reached.
- If your items are being picked up by a shipper and sent directly outside of the U.S.A., or to another state within the U.S. besides New Jersey where the Wayfair Tax nexus has not been reached, we will not collect sales tax. However, you are responsible for paying any applicable sales taxes, VAT, or customs duties to your own country or state.
- If a private individual or purchaser picks up his items in person, we shall be required to charge sales tax unless that person has a valid certificate of authority from New Jersey or their state/jurisdiction with a valid registration number, allowing them to collect sales tax and purchase items for resale. In this case, we require the purchaser to fill out ST-120, the New Jersey State Resale Certificate form. This form can be filled out in person, or we can email it to you beforehand.